• Never put fingers or other objects in an outlet (socket) as you’ll get a big shock from what is inside.
  • Keep metal objects out of toasters including the knife/spoon used for buttering that crispy slice of toast because metal spread electricity too.
  • Never use anything with a cord or plug around the sink or water because water loves to spread electricity around.
  • Never pull a plug out by its cord use the plug top because the cord could tear and give you a shock from the wiring.
  • Don’t bring phone or tablets into the bath as it can be dangerous and if they get wet there’s no more youtube or Netflix for the day.
  • Keep away from any fallen wires from the poles outside the house they’ll give you a very very big shock.

CHILDPROOFING YOUR HOME

Keep curious kids safe from the temptation to stick foreign objects into outlets or plugs.

  • Unused wall outlets should be secured. Plastic inserts are a quick and easy step to protect the little ones, just be careful they could pull these out.
  • If you’re temporarily using extension cords, hide them behind furniture. You can also put electrical tape over unused plug holes on cords.
  • Put electrical devices such as DVD players on a shelf out of reach so they can’t pull at them.
  • Store bathroom and kitchen electrical appliances – like hair dryers and toasters – out of reach of curious children.

If you can think of any electrical safety tips or tricks we’re missing head over to our Facebook and let us know so we can add to the list.